McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Assistance Act
Township High School District 211 is committed to providing the delivery of services to youth and their families to ensure the elimination of barriers to enrollment and full participation in our school settings. We are committed to supporting all of our students and ensuring that every student has access to the full range of educational experiences and resources that our district is proud to provide.
The McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Assistance Act ensures the educational rights and protections of homeless children and youth so that they may enroll in school, attend regularly, and be successful.
This Act guarantees homeless children and youth the following:
- The right to immediate enrollment in school, even if lacking paperwork normally required for enrollment
- The right to attend school in his/her school of origin or in the school in the attendance area where the family or youth is currently residing
- The right to receive transportation to his/her school of origin
- The right to services comparable to those received by housed schoolmates, including transportation and supplemental educational services
- The right to an “equal playing field” and the removal of all barriers to receiving educational services
- The right to attend school along with children not experiencing homelessness. Segregation based on a student's status as homeless is strictly prohibited.
- The posting of homeless students’ rights in all schools and other places around the community.
For additional information on the McKinney-Vento Act, please select from the resources we have provided below.
North Cook Intermediate Service Center
Information on McKinney-Vento Students - English
Information on McKinney-Vento Students - Espanol
Here, you can find immediate, community-based support for housing, transportation, health-care, and goods & services.
School Contact Information
• District 211 Administration Center
Matt Hildebrand, Assistant Director of Administrative Services
• James B. Conant High School
Brigit Cain, Student Services Director
• William Fremd High School
Tracy Bafia, Student Services Director
• Hoffman Estates High School
Jennifer Beers, Student Services Director
• Palatine High School
Fred Rasmussen, Student Services Director
• Schaumburg High School
Yassi Delgado, Student Services Director
• Higgins Education Center
Jessica Orstead, Program Administrator
• North Campus
Francesca Anderson, Program Administrator
2021 Child Related Tax Credits - IRS Information
Affordable Connectivity Program
Illinois Rental Payment Program
North/Northwest Suburbs Resource Directory
McKinney-Vento Fact Sheet
MKV Educational Rights - Parents NCISC
MKV Educational Rights - Parents NCISC (en Español)
Should My Child Change Schools?
Unaccompanied Youth Brochure
Unaccompanied Youth Informational Poster