Student Social/Emotional Resources
The Student Services Department provides social, personal, and academic counseling, as well as college and career planning. When students enter high school, a school counselor is assigned to help them in these areas. Counselors see their students several times per year. Students also can schedule appointments with their counselor. Parents are encouraged to contact the counselor at any time.
Students may meet with a counselor:
- During a study hall or lunch.
- Before or after school by appointment.
- When an emergency exists.
Additional school services include:
- Student Support Groups: Students who have concerns relating to divorce, grief or loss, eating disorders or anger should contact their counselor about participating in school support groups on these issues.
- Psychologist: Conducts psychological evaluations and interprets results for students, parents, and staff. The psychologist also provides counseling and helps locate outside referral agencies.
- Social Worker: Provides individual, group, and family counseling and serves as a liaison between the school and community agencies.
- Speech and Language Therapist: Identifies and assists students who need help with communication skills.
- Nurse: Provides health services within legal guidelines.
- Student Assistance Team: Specially trained personnel who provide services and programs to students and their families affected by alcohol or drug use and abuse.
- Community Resources: A list of community agencies that provide assistance for families may be obtained by contacting the school social worker.
Student Services Department
• James B. Conant High School 847-755-3627 – Student Services
• William Fremd High School 847-755-2630 – Student Services
• Hoffman Estates High School 847-755-5630 – Student Services
• Palatine High School 847-755-1633 - Student Services
• Schaumburg High School 847-755-4630 – Student Services